Friday, November 6, 2009

none of this has to exist.
its not like anything would stop if this didnt exist.
cause then there wouldnt be anything.

THIS IS SUCH A GIFT!
a special special thing.

and I am so grateful
to feel and struggle and worry and wretchedly wonder why
why
why
w
hy
why am I here?

As if Ive been somewhere else before or am heading to some new place.
Im here because this exists,
Because I exist;
Im here because I exist.

You gotta dig it baby.
thats how it is.
its simple.

And there are moments
like this one
where i understand that.
and it resonates
deep
within me.

And then I get absorbed in my life
Or something happens
and I fall into a state where simple answers
piss
me
off
because I have let myself believe that I am not a simple being.
That I have
desires,
needs,
things that must be fulfilled.

and I get all righteous.
"I have a right to be happy!"
"I deserve to understand this!"

and then Ive taken the Gift for granted.
taken life for granted.

Hah!

------------------------------------

"The yogi...is ever conscious inwardly of the sole Reality, Spirit, and sees maya and avidya - universal and individual delusion [separateness]- as merely a tenuous web holding together the atomic, magnetic, and spiritual forces that give him a body and mind with which to play a part in the cosmic drama of the Lord's creation."

Paramhansa Yogananda: God Talks with Arjuna: A Commentary on the Bhagavad Gita

-----------------------------------






3 comments:

  1. or maybe, if we are all to be ONE, 'this' HAS to exist.and you are here because this HAS to exist. WE have to be part of the drama.
    & can only say this because i am existing the same time as YOU!
    (?)

    [ "As if Ive been somewhere else before " ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. the constant here is:
    whether this has to exist or not,

    we
    are
    here.

    we have to be

    "we have to be a part of the drama"
    yes
    but we dont have to be dramatic
    we dont have to become the drama.

    I take out my garbage
    but I dont allow myself to believe that I am the garbage itself.

    I take on the role of Daniel
    and create a lot of suffering believing that I am Daniel itself.

    Like an actor becoming completely absorbed in his part in the play.
    The Infinite Soul
    convinces itself it is the finite ego.

    So yes, we have to be a part in the play.
    Because we are here.
    and there is no denying that.

    But we need not become needlessly lost in it.
    and needlessly identified as BEing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And there are moments
    like this one
    where i understand that.
    and it resonates
    deep
    within me.


    that about sums it up.

    ReplyDelete